This page is full of info helpful to RAGT’s author participants. As soon as registration begins, a list of confirmed, registered authors will appear as if by magic* at the bottom of this page.
(All magic is courtesy of our super-helpful database that works only because you all follow a few directions like keeping track of your all-important Unique ID# — THANK YOU!)
Stay in the know!
Don’t Miss an Email:
We highly advise you to set your email filters to accept all mail coming from @readerauthorgettogether.com as well as from @lorifoster.com. Lori will regularly send out author-specific messages to registered attending authors–you don’t want to miss anything!
If you find you are not receiving Lori’s RAGT ‘group’ messages, please contact the RAGT Tech Team (and include as much info as you can for faster troubleshooting, please).
Please note: Guidelines for promo materials
• Do not overly occupy your space–we have a lot of authors and everyone needs elbow room!
• Even though there are no paper promos allowed in goody bags, you can still hand out bookmarks or postcards at your signing area.
• Sorry, but author posters are prohibited. No exceptions. Thanks.
Our bookseller is still Barnes & Noble, and Maria, an Assistant Store Manager, is our point person. However, Marcie Robinson will handle seating for authors at the event. Any questions about seating space should be addressed to her.
For authors whose books are available from BN:
- After January 28th, please send your ISBNs(3 titles only) to , with "June Get Together" in the subject line.
- The cut-off to send in your ISBNs/info is May 5th.
- Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for confirmation.
For authors whose books are NOT available from BN:
Your name is automatically generated on a list via your registration information. Email if you have any questions. Please put #RAGT19 in the subject line.
Only registered authors can participate in the Book Fairs.
We love that authors are enthusiastic, but in order to sign, you have to be registered — even if you are only coming in for the book fair. And sorry, but no, we have no way to offer a reduced registration fee to authors coming in only for the book fair.
Yes, you can be your own bookstore!
Authors whose books can't be acquired by BN may bring their books to sell at their author table (don't forget change for your transactions!) The bookseller cannot handle ebooks, HOWEVER, keep in mind that with WiFi available, YOU can be your own bookstore.
Hundreds of Goody Bags get handed out, but only those items that meet the specific guidelines can be included. What can and can't be included? Where should you send the stash? By when do your items need to be received?
Don't forget to review our current policy for contributing to the always-fabulous RAGT Goody Bags!
We are no longer taking paper products for the goodybags. If you’d like to donate to the goodybag it must be something other than paper products. You can still hand out bookmarks or postcards at your signing area.
Promotion & Advertising
At the Event:
Remember that we are no longer taking paper products for goody bags. Any paper promo items you have can be handed out during the book fairs.
On this Site:
As soon as registration begins, you can start promoting your books on this site! Every year, readers ask which books will be available. Now authors can let them know in advance so readers can get their books personalized at the event. It’s a terrific way for authors to add name recognition and to get readers geared up!
Here's how it works:
Around this site are small sections like the two examples directly below. Each section features four 144x144px ads. Go ahead and refresh the page. Notice how the ads changed around, and how each set is different? That's because the ad sections are randomly pulling four images from a pool of images. When there aren't many ads, the impressions will be more frequent. When there are more ads submitted and therefore more in the pool, the impressions will be fewer. However, the thought is that as ads are added to the pool, we are getting closer to the event and page views are increasing, culminating with ads displaying on the schedule page (possibly in more than one spot) during the event -- a page that is hit A LOT during the event weekend and in the days leading up.
Why isn't the image book cover shaped?
Now that we are firmly in the world of digital publishing, the aspect ratios of book covers vary quite a bit. The non-techie reason for this involves size and readability. The techie reason involves code and the requirement that all images be precisely the exact same aspect ratio. See above about book covers being all over the place. Squares it is. Have fun with Photoshop!
Here's what it costs:
The price for RAGT19 promo squares remains $80 for the whole event year. The event year for these purposes go from registration-time to registration-time — a full year (almost) for pre-registration, and about 10 months for regular registration.
Payment for these ads is via PayPal only. Since it's necessarily automated there really isn't any other way.
If you do not yet have a Unique ID, you can't yet purchase an ad.
Sometime late next fall we'll archive all the current year's ads out of rotation and put them all on an archived page containing the list of authors who attended this event — that will remain on the site. At that point we will reset the pool of these small square ads, and start taking ad orders again. Depending upon how well this is received, our offerings next year may change, or maybe not.
All proceeds from the ads will be incorporated into the running of the RAGT event.
Please note: We are not responsible for authors who cancel; fee is non-refundable.
Things to note:
At a certain point we will have hit the cap of 40 ads, so your chance of making it onto any given page on this site is never less than 1 in 10. And it will appear on several pages. Once we hit 40, we will close the form.
If the form is closed, but you are interested in knowing when we open this opportunity up for next year, please subscribe to the newsletter.
Since this is not run through an ad server, we can't provide stats on how many impressions and click-thrus your ad achieved --- it's not that we won't do it, it's that we can't. We will not have that data to provide.
AD ART SUBMISSION:
We are not structured for ads to be emailed. There is only one way we can receive ads and that is through the form on this page -- and if the form is closed, then either we haven't opened ad sales for the year yet, or our cap has been reached. If you don't see the form, then either you are too early or too late and there really, truly is no way to squeeze you in. Please don't make us feel badly by asking.
Before filling out the Ad Form you will need to have made sure that your art complies with the guidelines below:
1) The image is created in RGB, and is no smaller than 300px square. This will ensure that the ad looks nice on retina screens.
2) The file name is something that will be logical to us. If you save the file as "RAGT-ad.jpg" please think for a moment how confusing that will be for us if even two people to that. We suggest putting the name that is associated with the ad into the file name. So if your ad is for Jane Author, your file name could be something like janeauthor-ragt-ad.jpg, or even just jane-author.jpg. Thanks. Failure to do this will significantly delay getting your ad into the pool of ads displaying.
3) Your jpg has been uploaded to the web. When you submit the ad, you are submitting merely an image URL — please check that the image address ends with either .jpg or .png as nothing else will be able to be accepted. And due to our low overhead on these, mis-submitted ad art will not display, even if the promo square has been paid for, so it's really important that these guidelines are followed.
UPSHOT: you need to upload it somewhere for us to grab it.
When you fill out the form, we will ask for four things:
- Your name, email... that stuff
- The image URL
- The URL you'd like that image to link to
- Your Unique ID# (so yes, you cannot purchase an ad until your registration is confirmed).
Thanks for jumping through all these hoops -- we're volunteer-run, so the more complete we make submission, the better it is for everyone.
Submit Your Ad in Two Steps:
Provide your name, contact info, your ad's info, and your Unique #ID:
Make a Secure Payment Through PayPal:
- Before you pay for your ad, you must have your Unique ID# at the ready. If you pay without entering that ID#, you’re just donating money to the cause.
- Enter your Unique ID# in the appropriate box below, and then click the button to pay via PayPal.
After you submit your payment you will arrive at a payment confirmation page.
Within a week of submission you will see your ad appear somewhere in the grid in the Books to Anticipate section. If you do not see it there after a week of payment confirmation, please contact the RAGT team, specifying RAGT Payment queries.