First Things First:
- General Registration is now CLOSED.
(We maxed out quickly!)
- If you’ve received your unique 2019 ID#, you can pay, which will complete your registration process.
- You can find our special Hotel Event Discount booking link here. Please do not attempt to reserve a room before you complete your registration.
- Updates continue to happen around the site, so check back frequently.
- Take a look at the list of attending authors, as well as at the event schedule.
(Subject to changes until finalized closer to May.)
- Please note that registrations are not transferable. No refunds after May 1st for those registered at the Reader level. For those registered at the Authors & Industry level, there are no refunds after April 15th.
How RAGT Registration Works:
- First you fill out an online form (which is only available once registration is open).
- Then you wait for your email confirmation that we received your form. Up to two days later you will receive another email confirming your registration. This is an important email, because your unique ID number is in it, and you can’t pay for the event without it. No exceptions: your registration is not complete until you are confirmed as paid.
- Each successful registration submission will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your form submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, please check your spam folder. Do not keep registering again and again, but instead, check with Lori or the RAGT Tech Team if your form submission was received. Up to two days later, you will receive another email containing a Unique ID #. *IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU RETAIN YOUR UNIQUE ID NUMBER.*
- One registration form per attendee. No exceptions. Thanks.
- After you are registered, you’ll be in the system to receive more important information and helpful updates. We strongly suggest following a few steps to help ensure that you don’t miss any emails.
The All-Important Unique RAGT ID#
- Your ID (referred to as Unique ID, Registration ID#, RAGT ID#, or just ID) will be included in an email you will receive confirming your registration. Note that these numbers are assigned by year, meaning your 2018 number won’t work in 2019.
- This number must accompany your registration payment, whether PayPal or check. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A PAYMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR REGISTRATION ID!
- You have two weeks from when you receive your ID# to get your payment in, so there is no need to panic and pay anyway if you don’t have your ID immediately available.
- If you are missing your ID# and it has been more than 2 days after you have completed your online registration, please send a request to the RAGT Tech Team and someone will get back to you as quickly as possible.
AUTHOR and INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL (not incl. Blogger):
$125.00 if paying by CHECK
$129.00 if paying via PAYPAL
READER (and OTHER) & Blogger:
$75.00 if paying by CHECK
$77.00 if paying via PAYPAL
- The extra for PayPal is simply to cover the PayPal transaction fee. Thanks.
Make a Secure Payment Through PayPal:
- Before you pay for your registration via PayPal, you must have your UNIQUE ID at the ready. If you pay for your registrations without entering that ID#, you’re just donating money to the cause.
- Enter your Registration ID number in the appropriate box below, and then click the corresponding button pay for your registration.
Paying for multiple registrants in a single transaction:
To pay for multiple registrants in a single transaction without causing Lori problems (since she personally processes registration) please follow the above directions and when you get to the Shopping Cart, click the ‘Continue Shopping’ button. You will be brought back here, where you can enter in a new ID number (for either status), click the pay button, and be brought back to your shopping cart, which should still contain your previous registration line item. In short, you may pay for more than one registrant via PayPal, but must put each registrant’s RAGT ID# on the Paypal form itself — not doing so risks invalidating the registration.
If you are paying by check:
Please write checks:
125 (per AUTHOR/INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL registrant)
75 (per READER/BLOGGER/OTHER registrant)
out to Lori Foster, noting the corresponding Registration ID number(s) on the memo line, and send to:
P.O. Box 854
Ross, OH 45061
Don’t Miss an Email!
This is really important:
- If you submitted a registration form, you should have an email confirming our receipt of your registration form. This email includes your unique RAGT ID number, which must accompany your registration payment (as indicated in the payment section on this page).
- If you haven’t received the email within a few hours of correctly submitting the form, please double-check your spam and junk mail folders, look through your promotions tab, and make sure you have your filters set correctly.
- If you are sure you have checked everywhere and you still do not have your confirmation email, please send a message to the RAGT Tech Team (with the subject ‘RAGT registration issue’) describing your technical issue as specifically as you can, and they will take measures to rectify the situation. Thank you.
Waiting for your RAGT payment confirmation email?
PLEASE NOTE that we manually review each payment, making sure it matches up with an existing and current RAGT ID# in the system before sending out an official RAGT email confirming a fully paid registration. Please be patient, as it can take up to several days for this manual review to complete (even longer for payments that are not accompanied by an existing and current RAGT ID#). If you have not received an email confirming your fully paid registration within one week of submitting your payment via PayPal, please contact Lori.
- This site is full of information and it’s very very likely that whatever you are wondering about is answered on this site, including how to know that your registration is complete. Thank you for searching for the information before asking your question.
- If you still have any registration questions, please contact the RAGT Tech Team (for the more technical questions) or Lori (for all other questions).